Written by Mercy Galicia, BSN, RN
- It provides an arena for networking and socialization.
- It offers educational opportunities.
- It is a source of professional support.
- It extends caring, love and strength in time of adversity.
- It is a sphere of action for leadership training through involvement in the association.
- It renders an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of people and the community through our medical mission and volunteer work.
- It presents opportunities to see other places through attendance to the PNAA (Philippine Nurses Association of America) conferences held in regional, national, and international levels.
- You experience the ultimate “Filipino Potluck tradition” in meetings, picnics and gatherings.
- Every member of your family becomes a part of the PNAOW family through involvement in its activities.
- You enjoy the camaraderie of your new found friends.
How could you add more fun in your professional and personal life? Join and be active in our Philippine Nurses Association in Oregon and Washington! There is so much we can contribute to the future of our nursing profession and the community as an organization. We are part of the process of learning, growing and creating. Together we can accomplish great things.
You, our members, are the final source of good ideas. You are the driving force that can launch us in the right direction. We have set our goals. Let us make them happen! I hope you all spread the message to our colleagues and friends. I look forward to what the future holds for all of us!
Membership is divided into 2 categories:
- Regular members are nurses of Filipino descent licensed in Oregon or Washington, and with a paid membership fee for the current year. Members may also be RNs not of Filipino descent who are licensed in Oregon or Washington with paid membership dues for the current year and support PNAOW mission and goals.
- Auxiliary members are members with paid membership dues for the current year and nurses of Filipino descent who is not licensed in Oregon and Washington, LPNs, CNA, Student Nurses, various professionals, non-nursing members and members from different ethnic backgrounds who demonstrate willingness and interest in supporting the PNA-OR/WA mission and goals.