December 15, 2019
- The Jaime Lim and Dory Osilla-Lim Academic Scholarship
We are offering the Jaime Lim and Dory Osilla-Lim academic scholarship of $1000 for academic year 2020-21. Eligible applicants must currently be accepted or enrolled in an approved pre-licensure nursing program for academic year 2020-21 in either Oregon or Washington State. Application period is December 15, 2019 through May 1, 2020. To apply, please complete the online application form (link below) or submit your completed application form (available for download). For any questions or additional information, email PNAOW.Scholarship@gmail.com.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How many scholarships are available?
Answer: One scholarship of $1000 is available for academic year 2020-2021.
- Who is eligible to apply for the scholarship?
Answer: Eligible applicants must currently be accepted or enrolled in an approved pre-licensure nursing program (ADN or BSN) for academic year 2020-21 in Oregon or Washington State, of Filipino descent, and currently residing in Oregon or Washington State and have resided in either state for at least one year.
- Can I apply if I have Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status?
Answer: Yes, you are eligible if you have DACA status. As long as you meet the above eligibility criteria, you are eligible to apply.
- Do I need to send transcripts from all the schools I have attended?
Answer: You only need to send current college transcripts that include nursing courses and any pre-requisites.
- Do I need to send official transcripts?
Answer: An official transcript is not needed. An unofficial transcript is sufficient and needs to be submitted with the application.
- Do you have a template or form for the reference letter for my reference to complete?
Answer: No, we do not have a form or template but we do have instructions including criteria for your evaluator to address in their letter. Please see the application for reference letter instructions.
- Can I have a past instructor write a reference letter?
Answer: Yes, as long as they know you well enough to write a letter addressing the criteria outlined in the reference letter instructions.
- How do I send the reference letter?
Answer: Please ask your reference to email their completed reference letter with your name in the subject line directly to: PNAOW.Scholarship@gmail.com no later than May 1, 2020.
- Can I apply for a scholarship if I haven’t completed any pre-requisites?
Answer: No, you need to complete the nursing pre-requisites and be accepted and enrolled into a pre-licensure nursing program before you can apply.
- How can I deliver my application?
Answer: Please complete your application electronically then email it to PNAOW.Scholarship@gmail.com no later than the May 1, 2020 deadline.
- If I am awarded the scholarship, when can I start using the money?
Answer: The funds will be sent to your school for use beginning in fall semester or quarter of 2020.